Saturday, June 14, 2008

Nostalgic Saturday


This is me and my brother Michael. I have 3 brothers and 2 sisters. All half brothers and sisters. At one point we all lived together as the brady bunch when my mum and dad were still married. I think this was taken around that time. Looks like I'm at a playground possibly in the little town where we lived. I wish I still had a close relationship with all of them like I did when I was a little baby. They are all grown up now in their 30's and almost 40's some married and some with kids (im an aunty to 14).

Mum tells me that white flower scrunchie I had in my hair I wore everywhere. I never took it out. Apparently I wore it till it fell to pieces. I remember I never liked to go on the playground if other kids where there. I would make dad wait with me till they all went and then would play by myself. I was too shy. I loved my brother mike though and I would mimic ANYTHING he told me to. Any picture with my sibilings I cherish. I wish I could remember being with them at that age like they can remember it.

6 comments:

Susan Demeter said...

What a great pic! You are so sweet looking :) Wonderful write-up too :)

Indigo-Daisy said...

I adore the white flower scrunchie!

My baby sister is 14 years younger than me and sometimes I forget that there is such an age difference between us. Once she asked my what our grandfathers were like and then I realized that they had passed away before she was born.

Beautiful picture, you look so happy!

Anonymous said...

I used to watch Josef and Bell, and think ... she wont remember this ...I can relate to the shyness except as a child I was out going, but late adolescents on I was awfully shy... its a hard one to shake...

You are lucky in a way Vic, I never had older brothers...I think it would be a special thing... thanks for sharing your memory...

ps...so love the scrunchie...x

Robert said...

Cherish the photos of your family - we do not have very many of our childhood, and very few of my mother (she used to manage to be partially obscured)

Funny how some memories stay with you ,like the memories of the scrunchy.

victoria said...

Thank you all for your comments! Thanks sue!
Such lovely memories and yes I wish I still had that srunchie haha.
I will cherish these photos robert, I am lucky I have a lot.

Yes Abz having older brothers is great, I love seeing it in Sef and Gab's relationship. I worship my older brothers no matter what they do i love them.

Indigo I dont remember much of my grandparents either as most were gone before I was born or when I was quite young. I forget the age gaps with my siblings too sometimes!

pita-woman said...

There are very few pix of my sister & I together, 'cept the occasional family portrait. We fought like cats/dogs while growing up, & did as little together as possible, hence the lack of pictures together. The first happy-looking pix of us together that I can recall were taken when I graduated high school, & moved away from home. Irony there?