Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Nostalgic Saturday



Well hello and sorry for the late post. As you know I have been in Sydney so did not have access to any photos. This is a picture of my grandparents, my mothers parents. Rusty and Vic. What a glamourous couple. This is a picture of them in Egypt when they lived there with their three children: Eve, Penny and Angela (my mum). Mum recalls going to school there and it ended every day at midday because of the heat. They also lived in India at one stage where my aunty Penny was born.

I am still learning a lot about the history of my family and the lives they lead, and enjoy sharing it here. I will also add some posts on my childhood too in the future. Look forward to catching up on everyone else's blogs and posting more soon.

3 comments:

pita-woman said...

Your grandmother is quite lovely. Reminds me of Jackie Kennedy-Onasis(sp?)

Anonymous said...

I thought exactly the same thing Pita, she's striking...no wonder Victoria has such gorgeous bone structure...

What travels they had ... your a little global gal...wouldnt it be wonderful to go and travel those places and see the same things they saw so long ago...great memories...

Hey MG taught me a trick...If you write your post on a Tuesday...down the bottom where is says 'post options' you can just reset the date to Saturday (or any day or time you want) you can also set it to a future date and blogger posts it for you..coool eh!

I'm having a ball reading everyones memories. Each of us has so much history that often gets forgotten or goes unrecorded... thanks for joining in baby...x

victoria said...

Thanks ladies yes she was beautiful. I wish I could travel those places and see the things they saw, maybe I will one day and my grand daughter will speak about me.

Thanks for the tip too Abbey thats awesome, now I dont have to worry about doing it on the day. I am going to join your Love Q now as well. xx