Sunday, June 1, 2008

Nostalgic Saturday


I know I am a day late but I really want to join "nostalgic Saturday". This is something that Abbey does on her blog galeslifethoughts.blogspot.com. It is so interesting to read and I love going down memory lane. I think I will do so not only about myself, but about my parents. They have had such an amazing life and I enjoy so much talking about them and sharing the pictures I have.


Here is one. This is my mum when she was my age. Here she is with her dad, who has passed. He passed away before I was born which is so sad. I wish I could have known him, mum says he was a wonderful man. This was taken in England, where my mum grew up. This was taken on her wedding day! Hard to imagine, she was 20, I'm 20. I could not imagine being married haha! This was her wedding day to her first husband, Peter, who she had 3 children to. My 2 brothers and sister who now have their own families. My mum is now 63, mother of 4 and grandmother of 13. Amazing! So much more to tell on her life.
Oh and to add to this: My grandfather passed 4 months before I was born. There was a song that came out in the 80's that my mum really relates to Mike and the Mechanics - In the living years.
" I wasnt there that morning
When my father passed away
I didnt get to tell him
All the things I had to say
I think I caught his spirit
Later that same year
Im sure I heard his echo
In my babys new born tears
I just wish I could have told him in the living years "

5 comments:

Chelsea + Shiloh said...

Gees baby, beautiful bone structure runs in your family...You find it hard to imagine your mum married at 20... I look at photos of you and think, wow Josef was one at your age...

and 13 grandchildren! the mind boggles...Are all your siblings in Australia? ... thanks for joining in with us and sharing your memories...Abz

Robert said...

Hi Vickie, And welcome to us "nostalgic" old peoples corner :-)

Robert said...

ps, the song is one that I closely relate to, unfortunately

victoria said...

Yes my mum was/is an amazing person. Thanks for thew welcome robert, glad to be part of nostalgic saturday. It is a sad song that one, i'm sure a lot of people relate to it. Sorry to hear it.

victoria said...

Yes my mum was/is an amazing person. Thanks for thew welcome robert, glad to be part of nostalgic saturday. It is a sad song that one, i'm sure a lot of people relate to it. Sorry to hear it.