Friday, September 5, 2008

WEEKLY POST

As my laptop is still at my mum's and I am without the internet, I'm just doing weekly posts with my fave animal pics of the week until I'm back on my normal schedule.



London, England, August 28, 2008—Diana, a real donkey from the Island Farm Donkey Sanctuary, joins a pantomime donkey at a charity event staged to raise awareness about the plight of abused, neglected, and abandoned donkeys.

The event was hosted by Gift Republic, a specialty gift store, to encourage people to support sanctuaries through adopt-a-donkey programs. Diana, who was born at the sanctuary in 1997 to a rescued abandoned donkey, is one of the sanctuary's prized show donkeys.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you know the RSPCA and others originated for people saving Donkeys in India..true ...not sure where I got that little gem but im sure its on the net somewhere...Love your choice of Pic darling...x

victoria said...

Wow that is a little gem of information Abbey thank you so much.
I went to visit a donkey refuge in England with mum I remember when I was young. It is a sweet picture. Glad to hear from you Abz :)